AIOS advises public authorities and companies on organisational design and processes, aiding them in optimising existing structures and setting up effective steering mechanisms. We focus on the investigation, evaluation and adaptation of task and organisational structures of authorities and institutions of the federal and state government. Our work is conducted in accordance with the manual for organisational studies and analyses of staffing needs, provided by the Federal Ministry of the Interior (MOI) and the Federal Office of Administration (OA).
Drawing on many years of experience from numerous large organisational projects, AIOS can support its clients from the theoretical set-up throughout the practical implementation of organisational structures and personnel policies with benchmark data and tested best practices. Our clients additionally benefit from our detailed knowledge in public administration standards and procedures.
Central elements of organisational consulting
- critique of tasks
- analysis of staffing needs
- survey and optimisation of processes
Organisational analysis and analysis of staffing needs
Our goal is to identify organisational structures that are optimally calibrated to the current and future needs of our clients.
Organisational investigations are our specialty. We are active in this area at all federal levels and have particularly extensive experience at federal level.
Standardised BI tools for the analysis phase
In the analysis phase of an organisational investigation, the necessary data is collected from the client using a standardised application. Thanks to our many years of experience and in-house expertise in the area of Business Intelligence www.aios-solutions.com, we can offer individually tailored web forms for data collection with comprehensive data validation. This allows to minimise the time, cost and effort on the part of our clients while guaranteeing high data quality.
Determine staffing needs
Authorities are constantly confronted with the problem of changing task structures. The existing job equipment is quickly outdated and new tasks are added without creating new jobs.
With a professional analysis of staffing needs, we help public-sector clients to determine their current and future personnel needs. A methodologically rigorous and transparent derivation of staffing needs is a prerequisite for our clients to prove and apply for additional funds.
Active support for IT tendering procedures
The IT component in organisational and process consulting is stronger than ever before. Whether as an instrument for consulting or as a recommendation in the completion of a consulting project, the need for IT concepts and customized applications is increasing.
Our colleagues in IT consulting develop IT concepts and sourcing models. We have been successfully supporting IT procurement procedures at all federal levels for years:
Reference project: Organizational analysis for a supreme federal authority
- Stress situation for the company’s employees
- Partial redundancies and unclear assignment of tasks
- No consistent distinction between supervision, technical supervision and legal supervision
- Tasks are not adequately mapped and documented
- Target limit for positions/offices
- Gaps in transition structures
- Clarification of tasks and definition of ministerial tasks in accordance with the strategic ministerial guidelines
- Clear assignment of tasks and creation of transparency in the interfaces to subordinate areas
- Organisational optimisation through the strategic stream-lining of operational processes
- Effective bundling of tasks
- Development of a concept and model for dynamic organisational management
- Creating transparency regarding the required resource capacities
Project components and methods used
- List of tasks
- Survey of the actual organisational structure
- Survey of the actual proceedings
- Determination of actual positions/services and headcount
- Collection of work and time management data
- Classification and number of cases
- Critical review of tasks, evaluation of organisational strengths and weaknesses, as well as identification of further optimisation potentials
- Recommendations for optimised organisational basics incl. interfaces
- Solution variants for task organisational targets
- Clear allocation and efficient mapping of identified ministerial tasks
- Creation of the necessary scope for action and continuous active organizational management
T: +49 (30) 28 49 87-107
T: +49 (30) 28 49 87-212